For the fourth consecutive year, an academy of political bloggers through the National Bloggers Club will vote for their peers to recognize and celebrate great work. Blog Bash organizers estimate up to 400 bloggers will qualify to vote in the only academy of its kind. This is the second year for two new awards which recognize the growth of the blogosphere wouldn’t be possible without other parties: “Journalist of the Year” and “Blogger Advocate of the Year”. In previous years, blogger attendees voted in-person via mobile devices during the 6-hour annual event. This year, understanding that not every member can fly-in, the full academy will be able to vote through a secure online portal, administered by Danielle Saul.
National Bloggers Club members and Blog Bash 2015 attendees will receive an email giving them a unique hyperlink allowing them to vote on the nominees listed below and complete the annual Blog Bash issues survey. Club members and blogger attendees can check on their status by emailing Saul’s team at email@example.com.
Voting will be open from Tuesday, February 24th, through Wednesday, February 25th.
All nominees are invited to attend a special Blog Bash pre-reception with VIP guests, where a selection of awards will be presented. The winners of the panel selected awards will also be announced at the Blog Bash and its pre-reception.
Let us celebrate good work and good people who make the blogosphere a better place. Rules allow nominees to campaign and lobby support from the academy. Happy voting bloggers!
Bloggers’ Choice: Blogger Advocate
- Matt Wolking, Rep. Tim Griffin’s office
- Raffi Williams, RNC
- Anita MonCrief, Black Conservatives Fund
- John Britten, Judicial Watch
Bloggers’ Choice: Journalist of the Year
- Sean Davis, The Federalist
- Byron York, The Washington Examiner
- Jake Tapper, CNN
- Sean Hannity, Fox News
Bloggers’ Choice: Movie of the Year (Jan 2014 – Feb 2015)
Bloggers’ Choice: Non-Profit Blogger of the Year
- Charlie Kirk, Turning Point USA
- Jim Pethokoukis, American Enterprise Institute
- Ken Shepherd, Media Research Center
- David French, ACLJ
Best Activism Post of 2014
- George Scoville, Oversight Judge to Blogger: You Were Right about Supreme Court Justice, but We’re Not Going to Do Anything about It
- Jeff Rainforth, National Rally At All Mexican Consulates – Free Marine Sgt Tahmooressi
- Aaron Gardner, he Mississippi Election Fraud Story Isn’t About Charles C. Johnson
Best Investigative Post of 2014
- Rusty Weiss, Dem Councilwoman: Ferguson Shows Government Is Going to ‘Round Up and Execute’ Blacks
- Moe Lane, The New Republic pretends that Scott Walker is racist and fringe about Voter ID laws
- Lachlan Markay EXCLUSIVE: Democracy Alliance Network Revealed
Best Sunlight Post of 2014
- Alexa Coombs,The Political Insider Obamacare More Than Doubled My Health Insurance Premium in One Year
- Rob Port, Say Anything Blog, Ryan Rauschenberger’s Drinking Problem
- Brandon Darby, Breitbart Texas, Warehoused Children on The Border
Best in Show: Podcast
Best in Show: Microblog
- Glenn Reynolds (Twitter: @Instapundit)
- Dan McLaughlin (Twitter: @MBaseballCrank)
- Sean Hannity’s Hair (Twitter: @shannityshair)
- Mollie Hemingway(Twitter: @MZHemingway)
Best in Show: Video
- Caleb Bonham, The Caleb Bonham Show: Common Core Math
- RebelPundit, Chicago Activists Unchained, Destroy Black Leadership
- Remy Munasifi, Shake It Off Parody (Personality)
Panel awards: Blogger of the Year, Legacy Award, Friend to Bloggers (Julie Laughridge Award), Andrew Breitbart’s Changing the Narrative Award, Bloggers Stand With Award, and the Best State-Level Blogger Award.